November 20, 2011

Becoming A Jupiter Traveller

While, I was hitting another all time low crossing the Pakistan / Iran border, meanwhile in Coventry, United Kingdom I was being announced as a 'Jupiter Traveller' at the launch of the 
Ted Simon Foundation


You can find me here standing next to the big boys of adventure. 


For those, who do not read Motorcycle adventure books, your probably wondering 'who is Ted Simon?' Ted Simon is the man who started it all - in 1973 at the age of 42, Ted set off from London on a 500cc Triumph Tiger motorcycle on what became a four year solo journey around the world, covering 64,000 miles through 45 countries. After this he wrote the book that all adventure lovers just love called Jupiter's Travels, since then he has embarked on several other adventures and documented his discoveries and adventures.


Ted Simon on Jupiter's Travels
Ted Simon, on his first trip in 1973



'The Jupiter Awards has been set up to recognize travellers who have gone the extra mile and transformed their experiences into something of value for the world to share and each year they will award a select few with been classed as a Jupiter Traveller' 


For me, to be awarded as a 'Jupiter Traveller' from The Ted Simon Foundation is a great honour. 
To stand next to the best of the best adventurers from all around the world is something, I never would have expected when I first started this adventure in October 2010. 


I want to thank all of those people who have helped me, supported me, sponsored me and especially to those who read my blog updates as they come out. I really appreciate all the emails and comments I get from you all, full with thoughts, suggestions and support, I hope you continue this support as I head through Africa in the coming months. 

2 comments:

Barron said...

Congratulations! Your trip is truly inspiring to many of us.

Damon Allen said...

You earned it! Your blogs are great, they really stand out and your art work is a nice touch as well. Looking forward to Africa!

Post a Comment